Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ode to a Burger

My husband is a great cook. I love that he cooks! We take turns, usually every other night.  He likes to experiment and is a little bit more adventurous that I.  Tonight's dinner is not about some crazy dinner he made, but a burger.  We don't eat burgers very often, nor do I choose to eat a burger when we dine out.
Friday night we went to The Big Board which has a nice menu of burgers. I thought about getting The Great Chicago Fire, but thought it might just wreck havoc on my digestive system.  I've been trying to limit my carbs, well when it comes to bread. I CANNOT give up pasta! I decided to get the Memphis Blues burger, with colby-jack cheese, house made BBQ sauce and crispy "tobacco" onions.  I typically get my burgers medium, but at the top of their menu they have descriptions of each of the ways you can get your burger cooked. Gary got medium well, which was weird for him, but I decided to do the same.  Sadly, my burger was not as moist as I would have liked.  I also ended up getting my burger on a salad- which the waitress suggested to me. Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of salads, but I don't think I'd do a burger on a bed of lettuce again. As far as burger places go, I'm not 100% sold yet, I might have to try another burger. If I was to grade it on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7. 
One thing that I do like is their beer board. All the beers are listed with their starting price. The more it sells, the lower the price. 
My burger on top of a salad:
Too many french fries
Gary's super crispy sweet potato fries
 Gary's Le' burg-aire aupoivre
Tonight G made buffalo burgers, one of our favorite types of meat to make burgers with. He also made oven friend potatoes and did a fabulously job chopping them, restaurant quality. haha...we like our potatoes extra crispy too.
I also had him sautee up some fresh mushrooms for yours truly. I'm a huge fan of mushrooms and love them on burgers. If only we had some swiss cheese, but American was satisfactory.  Add some BBQ sauce and voila.
Yummy sauteed mushrooms
Perfectly sliced roasted potatoes
Condiments!
Beautiful Bun-less Burger
Perfect bit of mushrooms, burger and BBQ sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...