Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shop till we drop

Yesterday was another beautiful day, unfortunately it was also extremely chilly. It was in the low 40's, but today it's supposed to be in the 60's and then by Thursday in the 80's. Um...ok not sure how I feel about that one. I'm ready for spring weather, but not summer. 

My friend, Jenna and I have been waiting to do a spring shopping trip, preferably to the outlets- cheaper is usually better, well at least in this case, especially where my husband is concerned.  We are headed to the Queenstown Outlets in Maryland. Unfortunately we had to head across this bridge. She hates to drive over bridges, so I get the joy of doing so. I do NOT like this bridge.  People do not go slow.I also prefer to be in the inside lane, you know just as a little extra protection.

I'm not really sure what I plan on getting, I've been doing a lot of online shopping recently.  We have that Spring Break trip coming up in 21 days! Yeah! Still not bikini worthy, but I did purchase a few cute bathing suits from Vics Secret.  I purchased back in the day from them for my honeymoon,  but was cheap so I didn't get nice lined ones, ha jokes on me.  I got two cute ones that I can mix and match with other bathing suits that I have. In the past I've always purchased from Target, but maybe it's because I'm getting older *gasp* but they seem a little too pre-teen for me.  They've also started adding a lot more padding to their suits, as if we even need to show more skin at the beach/pool than we are already. Ha!

I also bought this super cute Old Navy tube top dress, in black of course, even though I would enjoy the other colors. I figured I would get more use out of this one. Plus, it is the only one that came in petite size, so my hope was that it wouldn't drag on the ground. Sometimes the "short" version of clothes isn't  short enough for me. Apparently they aren't offering short any more.

Be proud of me, I think I spent less than $100 at the outlets! I was reserved. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of things that I saw that I could have used and or worn, but that's not the point.  The Nike store did have some good sales, though not as many as I would like. I got florescent green shoe laces for next weekends Rock N' Roll 1/2 that takes place on St. Paddy's day and a pair of shorts. I only bought 1 even though it was basically 2 for the price of one.  I passed up a super cute pink pair with black and white checker designs on the side. I also bought Gary some compression shorts and a sweatband. I am looking for a good running hat but the ones that I tried on there and at Under Amour were too big or squarish on my head. 

Almost bought these, only $31! Super cute and lightweight, but I held back....

I also bought a cute dress from J. Crew super bubble gum pink, but with pockets. I love dresses with pockets! I was too lazy to take off my leggings and boots, but I kinda pulled it off, at least that's what the sales girls said, but they probably just want me to buy. Hopefully they were being sincere.  Jenna said that it "gave me a waist" lol. I don't really have one, I feel like I go straight down.  I passed up another dress there and a button down. I love their button downs, but 59-69$ for a button down is like $40 too much! I also purchased a super cute navy blue and orange striped shirt that was 40% off, plus my additional 15% off for teacher's discount. I love that J. Crew has teachers discounts even at the outlets and on stuff that are already on sale too! Some stores do not honor that. So score big points for you J. Crew and your super cute over priced clothes.

Old Navy was having buy one get one on their t-shirts, who can pass that up? I only bought one though I purchased a blue t and got the yellow one for free. 

I had tossed around the idea of buying a Michael Kors purse, but no good sales. I would really like one, but held back.  We went to Kate Spade and they were having super sales like 50% off on some purses, but I just didn't like their wool winter line and if I am going to buy a Kate Spade purse I'm going to buy the real deal. I want the Kelly green purse.....LOVE that color and stripes and polka dots.  Someday, it's on my want to have list.




Which one would you pick if you could? 

When you go outlet shopping are you reserved? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...