Saturday, July 28, 2012

What I ate Wednesday

So I'm kinda mad at myself.  I forgot today was Wednesday and therefore forgot to take pictures of my lunch. Sadly too.
** Also if you don't like hunting/fishing this may not be the article for you.




For breakfast I had....
with milk




Lunch, here's the tragic part.  Chris, Jess' bf caught a fish, in the morning, a bass filleted him immediately and put him in the fridge.  Yesterday he had caught a catfish- a pretty decent size one and kinda hooked/tied him up leaving him alive and in the water. Sadly and yet good for the fish he got away, but the bass was yummy.  Chris fried him up with some of this seasoning and it was nice and mild. I'm always worried that fish are going to be too "fishy" if you know what I mean.  I also had a chobani cinnamon apple yogurt with grapes, some swiss cheese and bugles. It's a typical vacation snack.  Oh yes, and some cherries.  I wasn't fast enough taking a picture pre-death, nor did I take one after. But I do have some pics of the poor catfish that got away.


Dinner was a meat fest from the great hunter. We had smoked bear chops and pulled BBQ venison(topped with sweet billy rays) and venison roast with some type of sauce.  I am a huge fan of venison. Actually my favorite was the roast. Bear was a first for me and it was pretty tender...those guys are big fatties though.  We also had corn-on-the-cob. A must for vacation.
Smoked Bear Chops
 Venison Roast in yummy sauce
 Pulled Venison in sauce below

 Lovely smattering of meat on my wonderfully retro plate:-)

 Dessert: Coffee Toffee with LOTS of SPRINKLES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...