Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Belated Manic Monday

Workout: 3 mile run and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Video Level 3

My run got cut a little short due to rain.  However, the positives of running before a storm: no sun, more wind blowing, you tend to run faster if you know a storm is coming (maybe, not a guarantee) and the rain can sometimes be refreshing. I did run through a huge bunch of gnats that I didn't see until my face felt them- blech! Thankfully my mouth wasn't hanging open for once!

Got home after my run and grabbed some water. My quads felt really tight during that run. Fortunately I found this little buddy...it was a lifesaver after my second 1/2 marathon. Wish I had had this bad boy from the beginning.


Let's just say if your quads are already tight doing jump squats and lunges may be a little painful.  I do love that Jillian does a lot of plank exercises such as plank rows with leg lifts.  Plank exercises are great for strengthening your core.  
 Oh Jump Squats

This I love, shadow boxing with dumb bells (a few seasons ago on Biggest Loser one of the guys couldn't do all the cardio activities so he shadow boxed and lost a lot of weight. Now, mind you, he was severely overweight, so any form of exercise will help to lose weight).  Gives you a nice work out in your shoulders. As Jillian would say, "Gives you that nice groove on your shoulders."  Along with this we did jumping jacks with the weights and butt kicks with weights held at 90 degrees. Nothing like a little extra muscle toning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...