Thursday, July 5, 2012

Back in the Saddle

 
Well, I just signed up for my third 1/2 marathon and my second Rock N' Roll.  It's in Philly(home sweet home) on Sept 16.  Hopefully it won't be this awful heatwave, or the "dog days" of summer. I don't know if I'll survive.

I've started training again. I really haven't run since June 2, well nothing long. I've had a few short runs, but I've been sick for over a week which put a whole damper in the exercise thing.  Prior to that I hurt my knee at step class. Grrrr...so frustrating.  My goal this summer was to hit the gym a lot, but it's hard to do with all this obstacles to overcome. Then the gym lost AC due to our wicked storm we had this past weekend.  I'm so thankful we didn't lose power like so many who did.  Our wires are all underground and because we live on Capitol Hill we rarely lose power.  I couldn't imagine not having AC this last few days of pure evil humidity.  
 I know how you feel bud!

Today I returned to the gym to begin training.  I've got a lot of work to do in a short time. I have a little over 2 months to get ready and who knows what will happen between now and then.  I've started out slow, can't start pounding away at the ol' body even though I desperately want to.  I would rather run outside, but these temperatures are certainly not optimal conditions in my mind.  
I did some weights at the gym, triceps, biceps, back....then I ran on the treadmill - I ran an easy 2 miles then hopped on the elliptical and did another 30 minutes.  My knee hurts a little I really hope this isn't going to be a continual nuisance. Time to ice.... Tomorrow I'll probably repeat and then up the miles on Sunday.

Afterwards I ran a bunch of errands, Target, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Home Depot.  You'll see what I'm up to, when I'm finished:-)  Don't let the suspense kill you! 

For dinner, because I got home so late I had steamed broccoli with cheddar cheese (steamed in my wonderful tupperware).  I also had these weird little chicken croquettes they remind me of the ones I used to get in Spain, or at a Tapas restaurant.  Someone brought them over for international night and ended up leaving them, WIN for me!  They are yummy and three fill me up plenty though I'm sure I could scarf down more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...