Monday, January 23, 2012

Eggplant Parm

Hobby of the Day: Cooking

Menu tonight:
Homemade pasta and Eggplant Parm

Time: Consuming (need to master the pasta making)

Here's the recipe from AllrecipesThe bold items are what I've tweaked. 
Ingredients:

3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced (I use one, since it's enough for the husband and me and leftovers)
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs add garlic powder and some Parmesan cheese
6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided (I  lightly use sauce, just enough to coat the bottom of the dish and then lightly in between layers)
1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (I use fresh...mmmm.... with some packaged- who doesn't love cheese?!)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side (I do much longer 10-15 min and I sprinkle the pan and the eggplant with oil to get it extra crispy)  In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. (Because I cook the eggplant longer in the oven, I don't need to bake for an additional 35 min)








 Apparently....I do my eggplant parm much more like chicken parm, I don't do mine as a "casserole" or rather the eggplant parm that looks more like a lasagna.












I guess it can also look like this.

I like mine because I can get it super CRISPY!

Either way, both are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...