Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summertime and the Grilling is Easy

Okay, so my goal this summer is to utilize the grill, A LOT!

I don't grill for just me, so it has to be when both Gary and I are home.  Apparently tonight he is grilling kabobs! YUM!  I mean when we use the grill we don't heat up our place and there isn't too much mess.  
So, tonight, along with the chicken kabobs we will have grilled peaches and grilled asparagus! I LOVE summer fruits and veggies! I can't wait for nectarines to be at the market!
I also love Eastern Market which is where we like to buy a lot of our fresh food. It's a little more expensive, it's kinda kitchy too, but we area also supporting local farms which I like.  
 
Gary made grilled chicken kabobs with grilled pineapple----Mmmmm! The chicken was moist and the pineapple gave it a nice refreshing summery taste. The asparagus was grilled perfectly. I love the smaller asparagus more than the thick. I don't like crispy asparagus...it was seasoned with EVOO, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. I washed it all down with an icy cold glass of water with lemon!
For dessert I grilled peaches and glazed them with a sugar, balsamic and freshly ground black pepper reduction. The recipe called for a sprinkling of bleu cheese, which one we don't have and two I don't like, but....we had feta, so I thought why not?!  It actually tasted pretty good. Gary even ate a half a peach. He doesn't eat peaches, so at least this is a step in the right direction!



 I was a little unsure of how the balsamic glaze would taste, but it was yummy! Loving Summer! Bring on more grilling!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...