Friday, May 18, 2012

Working out.....

Hobby of the day: Working out
Cybex Total Body Arc trainer, Abs and treadmill
 This is how I feel at the end of the school year.
Don't get me wrong, I really liked my class this year!

Ok, maybe it's just me, but as I get closer and closer to the end of school I get less and less motivated. I feel like I am literally burning the candle at both ends.  It's kinda like a race. I prepare and then I go out hard(beginning of school) and then as it's closing in on the finish(end of year) I feel like I'm just not gonna make it.  Do you like my metaphor? Clearly I have running on the brain lately.  That's probably because I have a half marathon looming just around the corner.  Like I said before, I am NOT prepared and it's shame on me. 
 Don't be fooled, that's not me.

So, since yesterday was uber wet I didn't work out, I also didn't work out on Sunday. I'm pretty terrible.  So I stepped it up today.  Did some resistance cardio on the Arc trainer=30 minutes, as seen on The Biggest Loser. Then I went down to a much needed Abs class. I haven't done one of those in awhile since I've been doing Jillian Michaels. I feel like the Abs guy has to have amazing Abs, he does it like 10 times a day.  I'll tell you I was busting a sweat and breathing hard. He does a lot of incorporating medicine balls, free weights and bar weights, plus the bosu ball. He is intense. I am hoping I hurt a little tomorrow.  Guess we'll see.  Then I trucked it over to the running room to knock out a measly two miles. I know lame! But I did get to watch a partial of Law and Order SVU. Gary and I used to watch that ALL the time, but sometimes all the gruesomeness of the horrible things that happened to the characters is a little too much, but  maybe that's just me.

On a super positive note, it's the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Abs workouts always kill me! I have a weak core so I'm always shaking while I do abs. I need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...