Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What I ate Wednesday



Haven't done this in awhile.  It isn't because I haven't eaten anything good, it's pretty much because I've been MIA.....

Breakfast:
Anyway, this morning I had some extra time to actually make breakfast.  I had to attend a workshop and didn't have to be there until 8:30. This means that I didn't have to get up at 5:30, but could get up at 7:30 or so.  Two whole extra hours of sleep, complete *Bliss*

Ever since I watched the MasterChef episode where they had to make eggs three ways, poached, soft boiled and omelette I have been on a mission.  I've tried the poached several times and still can't seem to perfect it. I've done the vinegar thing, but maybe it's because I only had cider vinegar. I just can't seem to get all the white to not spread out. Grrr.....
If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them!
So this morning I decided to poach an egg.  I don't have any of those cute little egg cups.  They are on my Christmas wish list.  

Lunch
The workshop that I was at served lunch buffet style.  Not what I would typically eat for lunch, not to mention that hot lunches always make me super sleepy.  They had fried chicken, a greenbean medley, a creamed corn dish that was super yummy, fried cod, fried oysters (see the theme with the main foods?!), a pasta salad, rolls, crab soup, potatoes and some other side dishes.  The potatoes were yummy, whatever they cooked them in. 
Yeah, I have a huge plate full, kinda wanted to try a lil of everything.  I just couldn't stomach the oyster.
There was also cake for dessert, I'm not usually a huge fan of dessert, but I tried it, free is free after all.  It had strawberry layers and some raspberry sauce.  It was meh....


Dinner
I only wish that I could have found a yummy heirloom tomato for my dish.  C'est la vie.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...