Thursday, January 3, 2013

Last cooked meal of 2012

I have started to dedicate my Fridays to preparing fun meals.

We haven't been home since before Christmas break, much needed by the way. But the last meal that I made my hubby and I was a rack of lamb.  I've never made it before.  I've always wanted to, ever since I saw Matthew McConaughey prepare it for Kate Hudson in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." One of my all time favorite movies by the way. 

So, the last time I was at our new Costco I saw a lil baby rack. Thought, what the hey..... and voila.....

I got the sides and herbs at the local market: Eastern Market, one of my favorite places to shop on the Hill.

I purchased fresh rosemary and oregano for the rub.  I chopped it up and mixed in some EVOO. I also chopped up some garlic to add to the rub. The longer it sits, the more the flavors seep in, however, I was only able to let it marinate for an hour or so. However it still had tons of flavor. I also cross scored the meat so that I could rub the mixture into the cuts.  


 I also bought fingerling potatoes. I also brushed them with some of the rub, added some additional smashed cloves of garlic and sprinkled with kosher salt.  I started roasting them up first because I hate when my potatoes aren't cooked enough.
Green bean almondine, I boiled the beans with again, some smashed cloves of garlic. Are you getting that I love garlic?!
Toasted almonds - yeah toaster oven
 OF course I took a picture of my chopped garlic!

 There it is just coming out of the oven. Beauty eh?!


Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...