Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life Updates


Good Morning!

So the last few weeks have been a blur, boxes, tape, chaos.  We moved last weekend to a townhouse here in DC.  We had sold our condo in August and were just renting it from the girl who bought it for the month of September.  For some reason mortgage companies and everyone prefer to settle at the ends of the months, which make it just more of the waiting process for all of us.  So many hoops to jump through and people to contact and papers to sign and information to be sent.  Thankfully everything went smoothly.  

We were able to start moving stuff in a week before we closed which was a huge blessing seeing that we own WAY too much for two people who just moved out of a 2 bedroom condo and into a 3 story home.  At least Gary now gets his man cave.....of course it will be a major work in progress.  

We now have outdoor space! So excited. We have a front porch which I have ALWAYS wanted and we have a balcony off of our master which I am currently sitting on early this morning- it's quiet and there is a nice breeze, almost gives the feeling of being at the beach.  We have french doors on our master, which I NEVER thought I would have unless I moved out to the burbs.  The builder did a great job.  He's a local, grew up here and now is giving back to the community by fixing up and selling run down homes.  Only problem is, I didn't get curtains yet, so sun up, sun in eyes! I did by myself a rather dashing looking eye mask...... the curtains should be coming sometimes next week.  Ahh the joys of being a new home owner.

Being a new homeowner, with lots more space....means that I want to fill it!  I want the outdoor furniture and the dining room table and the sofa for the basement.  I was hoping that more furniture would be on-sale at the end of this season, but so far I haven't found any great deals.  I know, I don't need it all immediately, besides Christmas is coming.....it's just hard I want it all done, but that's just who I am. 

So if you know of any stores and or websites with clearance on their patio furniture, please let me know!!

The master bedroom is mostly done I got us new bedding and duvet, the guest room looks like a tornado hit it, as does the basement. Those areas are not frequented often as of now.  The first floor is coming along nicely.  But SO much hardwood, which I love, don't get me wrong, but with the pets= lots of hair, especially since we now also have ceiling fans.  Blows EVERYWHERE! I told G that I need a roomba or something like that. 

Does anyone have one of those robotic vacuums like to roomba or the neato?




The neato looks super old school, but apparently scans the room and moves back and forth whereas the roomba kinda goes all over with no rhyme or reason.
I know that Bed Bath  and Beyond also has one that has received good reviews, but it's more of a mop and not a vacuum.  I know that it will completely take away vacuuming, but at least will prevent me from having to do it daily.


So that's what has been keeping me mostly occupied, that and working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...