Friday, September 13, 2013

My life as I know it has changed

Well, summer has come and gone, so to speak.  The weather hasn't really shown that, but everyone has gone back to school. Roads are busier, but parks and neighborhoods are a little quieter. 

Today, however is a beautiful fall day.  I haven't been able to sit on our front porch since the early spring, before mosquitos and the wonderful humidity and heat that DC brings. The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, the humidity is perfect and my lil "panda cub," as we call her is fast asleep in her rocker on the porch.  The only way it could be more perfect is if my husband was sitting here with us and maybe if I had a glass of wine;-)

Today is perfect.  I sit here now, typing for the first time in months. I probably won't have time again once December hits, but we'll see. I will try to do my best.

As my title of my post states, my life has changed.  Anyone who has become a mother/father knows what I am talking about.  I told someone the other day that you can't really ever be fully prepared to be a parent.  You can read books, take classes, talk to other parents and buy all the "right" items. But, once that lil one comes along, you basically throw everything out.  You learn together.  We, Charlotte and I are learning together each day.  We are not perfect and what works one day will maybe not work the next.  I don't claim to be an expert on Mommydom, as my lil one is only 3 weeks and 2 days old at this point (man time is flying). I desperately try and capture each moment, which at this point is mainly sleeping, but soon enough she'll be mobile.  I love every second with her, although there are times that are trying, it doesn't mean I love her any less.

I told my husband the other day that it's no wonder it kills parents when their child "goes astray,"  you love them with your utmost being, with all that you are and would breath and die for this child.  Ha, even as I type those words, tears come to my eyes (hormones are partially to blame). :-)

The lil lady who has stolen our hearts!
Charlotte Sophia
Born: August 21, 2013 
Time: 11:34
Weight: 6 lbs 5 oz
Absolute perfection!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...