Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh a hunting we will go


Here we go, on our adventure. I suppose venturing out into the forest would be much more adventurous, but never-the-less the Christmas Tree Farm is good enough for us city dwellers.




We decided that we would go and cut down our tree. I, of course researched what was the best type of tree to cut down, which one would last the longest and of course smell amazing.  It seems like firs have the best scent and that a concolor fir would last the longest. Unfortunately when we got to the tree farm they stated that they only had about 12 of those trees left. So, instead I decided  to trek down another tree.  We ended up with a balsam fir, after much hunting for the "perfect" tree.  We aren't very tall people and with a step stool I can just barely reach the top. 
 
Pulling while Gary saws away.

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

We went with our good friends, John and Jenna, our trees were not far away from each other.  We did however both underestimate how wide our trees were. Out in nature they look so small.....

Family photo opportunity prior to cutting it down.

It took Gary and John awhile to saw down those trees.  I think the saws that they provided have been dulled by the many uses. 
Gary and John working diligently to cut down their tree. 


I had to buy a lot more ornaments at my favorite arts and crafts store, Michael's. We, of course has none except, our special ornaments. Gary and I have gone to NYC every Christmas and have since 2002.  We usually buy a special ornament from Sax or Bergdorf - it's about the only thing that we can afford there, but it's now part of our tradition....can you tell that I love traditions?! Gary has also begun to buy me a special Hallmark ornament each year, which I dearly treasure.  So, almost a week after buying our tree it is finally officially complete!

Ta-da!

Apparently the animals also enjoy the beauty of the tree, or maybe the just feel like they are outside. Thankfully, no one has tried to climb it and or pee on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...