Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! The man himself!

For those of you who don't dwell in the teaching realm, today is Read Across America Day....so if you are near by a school stop in with your favorite Dr. Seuss book and share it with a classroom.  *Note*Make sure to check in with the office first haha. I'm hoping that I have someone coming to my class tomorrow to read to the kiddos, as exciting as I am. Sometimes it is nice to sit back and have someone else read while I listen. I miss having stories read to me. It's even better when people do fun voices(I always do- the kiddos love it!)

We read The Cat in the Hat yesterday. The lower grades Headstart- 2nd are all decorating our doors with our favorite Seuss book. *Pictures to follow.* My class was very creative, actually some of the most creative I've had. Yeah, so glad I do art frequently.  It's such a shame that public schools are doing away with the arts. 

We will be making green eggs today and I have yet to decided whether or not I will add some ham to it. Chances are the kids will barely touch either, but it's at least fun to make and to think, I've never done it before. I'm pulling out all the stops this time. "I will not eat them in a boat, I will not eat them with a goat. I will not eat them here are there. I will not eat them anywhere. I will not eat them Sam I Am, I will not eat green eggs and ham." I love the rhymes of Dr. Seuss and I know that they love them too, plus they make pretty easy reads for some of my lower readers.

My class earned a party, so I think that I we will also be watching Horton Hears a Who, but if it's really really nice outside, I might just do extra recess instead. My room tends to get quite warm, what with the whole no windows deal and fresh air is quite the commodity in demand. 

If you aren't up on the new movie scene, or kid scene The Lorax comes out today. I love that book and the truffula trees. I am a little disappointed that they add people to the movie.  I always have problems when the movie industry completely changes my favorite children's books (Where the Wild Things Are, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, etc...) I also have a hard listening to Danny DeVito as the Lorax. I dunno, for those of you who watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia, that's all I can think of, so him in a children's movie....a little hard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...